Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks...

Gratitude. It's an interesting emotion isn't it? It's hard to put into words, so... I'll let someone else do it for me. This is a song called Give Me Strength by Snow Patrol. It's on their new album Up To Now, and you actually need to get it. I know it's a bit emotional, but hey, I think it says it nicely:

I choked back tears today because I can’t begin to say how much you've shaped this boy,
these last ten years or more.

My friends we've seen it all, triumphs to drunken falls and our bones are broken still,
but our hearts are joined until,
time slips its tired hand into our tired hands we've years 'til that day
and so much more to say.

You give the strength to me, a strength I never had, I was a mess you see,
I'd lost the plot so bad, you dragged me up and out,
out of the darkest place, there's not a single doubt when I can see your faces.

My friends we've seen it all, when it made no sense at all,
you dare to light my path and found the beauty in the aftermath.

Let me hold you up like you held me up, it's too long to never say this,
you must know I've always thought,

You give the strength to me, a strength I never had,
I was a mess you see, I'd lost the plot so bad,
you dragged me up and out, out of the darkest place,
there's not a single doubt when I can see your faces.

You give the strength to me, a strength I never had,
I was a mess you see, I'd lost the plot so bad,
you dragged me up and out, out of the darkest place,
there's not a single doubt when I can see your faces.


Thanks, everybody.

Updates from Rome the Sequel and Turkey on their way... I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment